365体育投注官网The Australia's Future Tax System Review was established by the Rudd Government in 2008 to examine Australia's tax and transfer system, including state taxes, and make recommendations to position Australia to deal with the demographic, social, economic and environmental challenges of the 21st century.
The Review Panel comprised of:
- Dr Ken Henry AC, Chair (Secretary to the Treasury)
- Dr Jeff Harmer (Secretary of FaHCSIA)
- Professor John Piggott (University of New South Wales)
- Mrs Heather Ridout (Australian Industry Group), and
- Mr Greg Smith (Adjunct Professor, Australian Catholic University)
As a component of the Review, Dr Harmer also investigated measures to strengthen the financial security of seniors, carers and people with disability ().